To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment with appropriate supervision.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding patient information.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and convey them in a manner that is easily understood by layperson.
- Ability to manage and prioritize communications from multiple staff, organizations, patients, etc., at the same time.
- Ability to organize and review large amounts of data in an organized and efficient manner.
- Ability to proofread, correct and review forms and data for scanning and/or entry.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records and Electronic Practice Management Systems preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software required: Outlook E-mail, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and work positively as a collaborative team member.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate:
- Education: High school diploma required. College and the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Services/Work or related field preferred.
- Bilingual: Ability to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish required.
- Training and Certifications (to be completed within 12 months of employment): Covered California Enrollment Counselor certification; Patient/Health Navigation training and certification (funded by MCC).
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Project and Time Management: Project coordination experience preferred; ability to meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Professionalism: Ability to represent clinic in professional manner and handle patient issues with sensitivity and confidentiality.
San Rafael and Novato, California, United States; some travel within Marin County.